All Elite Wrestling's Dynamite averaged 871,000 live viewers on July 7th. Despite making their return to live touring, AEW's viewership dropped slightly. The June 30th edition of Dynamite previously averaged 883,000 live viewers. In the 18-49 key demographic, Dynamite drew a 0.33 on July 7th, also slightly down from June 30th. Positively, however, AEW Dynamite was still the number three show on cable television in the 18-49 demographic. Only the "Real Housewives," in addition to a replay of "The Big Bang Theory," drew more key 18-49 viewership.
During June 2021, the NBA Playoffs pre-empted AEW from their regular Wednesday night prime-time slot. Therefore, four consecutive shows out of their timeslot significantly disrupted AEW's momentum. Their live TV numbers dropped as well, with no pre-empted show averaging more than 650 thousand viewers. Therefore, a return to Wednesday nights on TNT massively benefitted All Elite Wrestling.
AEW broadcast the show from the James L Knight Center in Miami. The show had a full capacity crowd in the building, subsequently returning to their pre-pandemic setup. July 7th marked AEW's first show outside of Daily's Place in Jacksonville, Florida, since March 2020. Due to the coronavirus pandemic, AEW held shows from the Daily's Place amphitheater in Jacksonville. Shahid and Tony Khan, who own AEW, also own the Jacksonville Jaguars of the NFL. And thus, have unfiltered access to both venues. The Jacksonville Jaguars recently drafted star quarterback Trevor Lawrence with the number 1 pick in the NFL draft.
AEW Dynamite Road Rager Results
The July 7th special edition of AEW Dynamite Road Rager aired live from Miami, Florida. The card featured the following matches and segments...
- "The American Nightmare" Cody Rhodes defeated QT Marshall in a South Beach Strap Match in the opening contest.
- Tony Schiavone interviewed AEW World Champion Kenny Omega and his manager Don Callis. This later ended in a staredown between Omega and the number one ranked wrestler in AEW, Hangman Page.
- The Pinnacle defeated Inner Circle , with Inner Circle's Jake Hager taking the losing fall.
- Chris Jericho and MJF had a verbal showdown. A fan tried to enter the ring and subsequently prevented by security. Jericho must complete the five "Labors of Jericho" before getting a match against MJF.
- Andrade El Idolo defeated Matt Sydal in his All Elite Wrestling debut match. Matt Sydal's ranked 5th in AEW's weekly rankings.
- Malakai Black is All Elite. Emerging form the darkness, Black savagely attacked Arn Anderson and Cody Rhodes.
- In the main event of the evening. The Young Bucks defeated Eddie Kingston and Penta El Zero M to retain their AEW Tag Team Titles. The street fight stipulation added to the chaos around the ring and closed the show.