All Elite Wrestling Dynamite amazingly topped 1 million live viewers. Despite facing significant competition from game 3 of the NBA Finals, AEW still finished amongst the top 10 cable shows. Along with their strong showing last week with AEW Dynamite “Road Rager” from Miami. AEW’s special episode of Dynamite “Fyter Fest Night 1” undoubtedly entertained their fanbase. More importantly, All Elite Wrestling also defeated WWE’s Monday Night Raw in the 18-49 male demographic. Finishing with a 0.55 in the 18-49 males, compared to Monday Night Raw finished with a 0.51. Additionally, AEW Dynamite also finished first in the overall 18-49 demographic on television.
All Elite Wrestling’s return to touring significantly impacted the quality of their television shows. Both “Road Rager” and “Fyter Fest Night 1” received critical acclaim from wrestling fans and personalities. In particular, the main event coffin match with Darby Allin and “All Ego” Ethan Page receiving near-universal acclaim. Despite neither Darby Allin nor Ethan Page being amongst the world championship level, they still received the main event spot. Therefore, All Elite Wrestling’s faith in their talent proved its benefits with the ratings. Darby Allin previously held All Elite Wrestling’s TNT Championship, main eventing a variety of shows. In addition, Hamilton, Ontario native Ethan Page signed with AEW during their “Revolution” pay-per-view.
Fyter Fest night 1 key events
- Jon Moxley returned from paternetiy leave after two weeks. He defeated “Super Elite” member Karl Anderson to defend the IWGP United States Championship. Moxley’s IWGP title reign continues, while Karl Anderson reminds us just how good he is.
- “Absolute” Ricky Starks defeated Brian Cage in his return match, becoming FTW Champion in the process. Starks previously suffered a major neck injury. Starks became FTW Champion after interference from his stablemates.
- Cody Rhodes called out AEW’s newest signing Malakai Black. Black brawled with Rhodes before officials seperated the two.
- Hangman Page and Kenny Omega built to their inevitable championship match. An elimination match pitting the Super Elite versus Page and the Dark Order will take place at a later date.
- Christian Cage defeated “Big Money” Matt Hardy.
- Sammy Guevara defeated newcomer Wheeler Yuta. Being a Texas native, Guevara recieved a huge ovation from the crowd upon entering the ring.
- Yuka Sakazaki returned to AEW after being in Japan because of COVID-19 Restrictions. Sakazaki defeated Penelope Ford in the penultimate match.
- In the main event of the evening, Darby Allin defeated “All Ego” Ethan Page in a coffin match. Page’s partner Scorpio Sky tried to interfere before Sting evened the odds.